Charles Reid – passed away on the 1st of June, one of my top three favourite inspirational artists, watercolour hero and tutour.
Keep Your Watercolors Fresh and Loose.
Nice interesting article,
Mick McAndrews explains how planning and experience make freedom possible.
Nice short article on Colour Studies from AWW
Heaven & Earth – Joseph explains his technique. in – American Watercolor Weekly
Joseph’s Podcast –
Phil Davies -Art Tutor
Phil Davies at Art Tutor says:
” With absolute certainty,
- No one is born with an amazing artistic ability.
- Anyone can develop an amazing artistic ability.
- Yes, it takes some practice.
- But not years’ worth. Not hundred of hours either.
- The only reason so many amateur artists go round and round in circles, never seeing much improvement in their artwork, is because they are doing the same things again & again and expecting different results.”
JZ - 7 tips
Hi everybody, I had forgotten how tricky watercolour painting is until i tried teaching it, hang in there we are making good progress , you begin to see nice bits among the not so nice bits and they will become more and more regular as you learn to control the paint and water consistencies, below are the links to Joseph Zbukvicz demonstration in 3 parts, quite long but very well filmed, you will hear him say its a 50 year apprenticeship! a slight exageration but i get his point. Look forward to seeing you all wednesday.